here's a list of parties we feel you could enjoy in cities in which we know where it's at,
so in case of tourism you don't get lost in a sea of party propositions...
we'll mostly cover cities in which we live but occasionnaly events in other places too.
promoters, if you think your stuff might interest us and our readers, please send v. basic info ie. date, lineup, venue, price, metro, link to a fly and to a website,
to this adress and we'll decide if we wanna feature the event or not.
however if you wanna organize a party with us send your proposal at
that adress. xx.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sylk : lubrifiant vaginal à la sève de l’arbre de Kiwi
Les Filles de S.Y.L.K sont Australiennes, et elles repondent a nos questions, a la cool entre copines, probablement en pyjama a l'heure qu'il est. Elles sont présentes avec pleins d'autres amiEs, sur la compilation Girl Powder que tu as peut etre eu a Noel.
-Hi, first and classic question, is it easier to be a girl in this boy game? And is there more fights between girls than between boys in this music?
It's definitely easier to be a girl because we have such a sweet girl posse that we party and dance with constantly, as well as borrowing each others amazing clothes!! A lot of girls have fights and drama, but not us! Why fight when you can be having fun?
-Can you tell us the story behind your song on girl powder?
This song is about, as the name suggests, a girl who knows how to WORK IT!!!! She's got the hottest clothes, pizzazz, demeanour and is out to get what she wants!
-Explain us your process of production/soundwriting/performing for your music.
Well, we're pretty lucky, basically we all get together and have a jam, drink yummy drinks, eat delicious treats and get the creative juices flowing!! Everyone has input to the lyrics and our main man Spruce Lee produces our sick beats. Our favourite part is definitely performing a new track to a crowd and getting superbly dressed up with our blingin' outfits, accessories and most importantly, props.
-What's a classic day in your life, hours by hours?
Well an average day before going out together would go like this:
9am: Call each other to find out what the plan is for today/tonight.
12pm: Meet up for some kind of lunch and maybe a cupcake.
1pm: Go shopping for accessories. 3pm: Start figuring out what to wear for the night!!
6pm: Bring out the vodka and soda!
9pm: Meet up with all our favourite hotties. 12pm: Dance until the break of dawn!
-top5: -your 5 favourites spot on earth
1. First and foremost, Sydney! We are very lucky to live in such an amazing city with such a good atmosphere about it, especially to have some of the best beaches in the world only 10 minutes down the road! There is also quite a good music scene here, everyone is friends with each other and keen to be supportive and friendly which makes performing and networking especially easy!
-your 5 favourites brands of clothes
1. Our very own Kit, aka Special K, has the best accessories and fashion label called Heartbreaker. Check it out on her blog, weheartheartbreaker.com
2. Another special label is by our friend Kelly, who happens to be in our sister band Neon Vomit, which is called I'm Your Present. imyourpresent.etsy.com
3. Romance Was Born. Everything these guys make is something we want to have!!
4. We are very lucky to recieve a lot of great custom made stuff from our friends at Spunky Bruiser! myspace.com/spunkybruiser
5. And lastly, we buy A LOT of vintage clothing, probably more than we buy new clothes! Even though it's not a brand, it makes us who we are!!
-your 5 favourites recipes
In S.Y.L.K, we only have one favourite recipe and thats CHEESE.
1. Cheese with Crackers.
2. Cheese on an Antipasto plate with olives, sundried tomato, grapes, etc
3. Cheese and avocado sandwich
4. Potato Bake with lots of cheese
5. We also enjoy a good bread.
-your 5 favourites boys
We have a song all about our favourite boys, it's called Hot Flush and about celebrity crushes. But in this instance, we'll give a shout out to all our favourite DJ friends!
1. Spruce Lee, of course, our excellent producer with the most.
2. Radge, one half of Kon Ding, disco king!
3. Ro Sham Bo, even though they're four guys, we will just count them as one for now!! They get us dancing allll the time.
4. Magic Happens, he's there to party!
5. Kato, he features in our live performance during one song and loves to break it down.
S.Y.L.K - Hot Flush
Monday, January 26, 2009
toi, la musique et moi
un seau de sciure de bois et une bonne respiration
ça monte trop je reste la moi.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
les 4 volants
The Twerps - Dance Alone
Yussuf Jerusalem - We Ain't Coming Back
Campamento Nec Nec - Pinata
Das Pop - Saturday Night part 1
Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (Aeroplane remix)
Kap Bambino - Red Sign
Adam Kesher - Local Girl (The Shoes remix)
Harlem - Goodbye Horses
The Bewitched Hands On The Top Of Your Heads - Bird & Drums
Here We Go Magic - Tunnelvision
Dance Area - AA 24/7
MGMT - Time To Pretend (Diplo remix)
Orgasmic & Tekitek - Sixpack Anthem (Harvard Bass remix)
Martin Solveig - One 2 3 Four (Popof remix)
Fairmont - Gazebo (Joe & Will Ask? remix)
The Subs - Papillon (Yuskek & Brodinski remix)
John Dahlback - World Of Love (Pig & Dan remix)
ps: hop & hop!
pps: Samedi 24, eat rosbeef on Diamond Street a la fleche d'or!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 02, 2009
pas le permis tout est permis
33Hz - I Feel Alive (vimeo)
Fool House EP 002 will be the long awaited double single of 33Hz : I Feel Alive / Sentinel of love including remixes by The Shoes, Boombass (Cassius) for the vinyl release and radio versions + extra remixes by Eli Escobar, DJ Koyote, Rafale & Morten Sorensen for the digital release.
European release gigs : February 6th-15th.
What Sentinel of love is about : www.myspace.com/foulehouse